Monday, August 25, 2014

Camping at Buggs Island

Buggs Island
The husband and I recently got a little weekend away from the boy. It had been over 2 years since we last camped. The weather was going to be gorgeous and I found a great little campsite. We booked our spot on this quiet cove. Didn't really have any other people around us.


Barry our lazy Beaver
We had some of the best animal experiences on this trip. The fish really weren't biting. We only saw 2 and I only got a 
picture of 1. Barry our little tired baby beaver, washed up on shore, put him head down and took a 2 hour nap. He was only about 50ft away. For the longest time we couldn't figure out what it was. I wasn't going close enough to find out. Deemed him a beaver 45 minutes into the saga when he stirred in his slumber. We saw a few bald eagles and ospreys. The camp had a silly raccoon. Who not only stole the catfish liver bait but brushed up against the tent by my head in the middle of the night and scared the crap out of me. Finally our two campfire frogs. They hopped up next to the fire and slowly shuffle in a circle to get each side warm. Love those frogs. 


I just recently purchased my first hammock for camping. I bought the ENO single nest. Let me just tell you, I'm not being paid by this company in any way, but this beautiful sweetly swayin' hammock was a slice of heaven. This momma was so relaxed and at one with the breeze. I spent a good majority of our trip right there. I would've slept in it but I was scared of the raccoon.

It was so nice to have someone else cook breakfast for a change. It's so rare that my husband is home for that meal. He's usually already at work and it's just me and the boy. But this breakfast here...this was really good. 




The work of Barry
I love a good graveyard. There's history and mystery. Who were these people? What happened? Did they have a good life? Did they climb the same tree that I just climbed over? This was a family plot. Some of the graves weren't enclosed in the gated fence. Makes you wonder if they all actually got along. Was that crazy cousin Henry who always rode his horse backwards? Was his wife Margaret sleeping with his brother? Why?

This guy right here…

I love finding love.



The campsite was great! We are quite proud of ourselves for finally getting everything we actually need for camping, organized and in one place. For Father's Day this year I bought my husband a tent. We'd always borrowed a friends and never had one of our own. It says on the box, instant set up. With much speculation, we were proved wrong. It truly was an instant set up. Loved it. 

I will say that we learned a very valuable lesson on this trip. We will never camp again without an inflatable mattress. This hard packed sand / concrete that we slept on officially broke me. Never again will I be without an inflatable mattress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment